Science of Happiness at Work TM – SOHAW 5 Components
Change your Workplace with The Science of Happiness at Work ™
Recent robust research into the Science of Happiness at Work TM by iOpener Institute UK has identified 5 important components that inform and build greater levels of Happiness at Work.
These 5 areas are vital for enhancing performance, productivity and resilts because higher happiness levels facilitate higher performance and a host of other personal and organizational benefits that go beyond improved engagement and satisfaction. That’s why it’s so important that everyone takes action to build the 5 aspects of Workplace Happiness and achieving your potential.
Science of Happiness 5 c’s
- Contributionis the effort an individual or team makes.
- Conviction is your short-term motivation in both good times and bad.
- Culture is the extent to which you feel you fit at work.
- Commitment is your long-term motivation.
- Confidence is your belief in your own abilities at work.
These Science of Happiness 5Cs act as an business style ecosystem:
When one starts to become affected, the others will become unstable as well. And that means staff performance will quickly drop off. But when everyone has high levels of all the 5Cs, then they’ll perform at their best whatever happens in the workplace or the culture created by leadership and management styles.
Pride, Trust and Recognition
The core of Science of Happiness at Work TM ‘s 5 Cs are contained and supported by the primary dimensions and drivers; Pride, Trust, and Recognition.
The SOHAW 5 C’s correlate with each of the 3 drivers of happiness at work, and are fundamental building blocks of any sustainable and successful organization.
- Pride in your organization comes from identifying with it, knowing who your work affects, and being aware of its wider impact.
- Trust in your organization flows from two sources; your colleagues and your senior leaders.
- Recognition for your achievements comes fromwho you are, what you do, how you work, and how dedicated you are. It is about more than just money. It is about being recognized in the way you most prefer.
It has been found that Pride and Trust generally go together. If you’re proud of where you work, you’ll also trust your workplace and its leaders.
Recognition works differently: This is about having personal effort noted and appreciated.
Transform your life and workplace with the Science of Happiness at Work TM
Tony Dovale is a Liscenced Practitioner & Facilitator for the Science Happiness at workTM ©-iOpener Institute 2011. He can be contaed opn 083-447-6300 for talks, coaching, Consulting and facilitation of REAL organisational CultureShift and REAL team buildings